New Hampshire
Secretary of State

The voter may download the FPCA or the FWAB from the U.S. Department of Defense FVAP website at A uniformed or overseas citizen (UOCAVA) voter may be sent a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) by mail, e-mail or fax by their city/town clerk, or they may go to the FVAP site on-line to print an FPCA or FWAB.


A voter must mail a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to the town or city clerk of the town or city in which the voter is registered to vote. The ballot will not be counted if it is transmitted electronically to the clerk.

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) is treated as a ballot if there is a valid request (FPCA) for an absentee ballot on file. The registration information that comes with the FWAB can be treated to complete a voter registration if it is properly completed. If there is a signature on a voter registration document from the voter on file, the voter information can be used to complete the registration process and the FWAB can be counted as a ballot. If there is no voter signature on a previous voter registration application, the FWAB cannot be counted as a ballot, even if the voter registration material with the FWAB is completed. RSA 657:10-b; 657:12; 657:23

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) can be processed for counting if it is received through the U.S. mail or commercial carrier by 5:00 PM on an election day. RSA 657:22

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) may be used by a voter to vote for federal offices only in general, special, and primary elections. RSA 657:10-b

Link to the U.S. Department of Defense’s FVAP (Federal Voting Assistance Program) site at to obtain a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB).

Instructions to complete the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) are also found on the U.S. Department of Defense’s FVAP site at