Trade Name Forms and Laws


    For your convenience, all forms can be filled out online then printed, signed and mailed to this office; one (1) original document must be submitted to the Corporation Division.  Please ensure that forms are printed on 8.5" x 11" paper in black ink.

    Checks should be made payable to "State of New Hampshire".

    For information regarding name availability, please click here.

    State of New Hampshire Revised Statutes Online
    N.H. Trade Names (Chapter 349)

    Each year, new laws are passed which amend current sections in the New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated (RSAs), insert new sections, reenact sections or repeal sections.  The printed and online versions of the RSAs do not immediately reflect these changes.  The List of Sections Affected (LSA; found here) identifies all changes made to the statutes during specific legislative sessions.  Please refer to the LSA's to determine if any changes have been made to the specific RSA you are viewing.

    The New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated found at, while believed to be accurate, are provided for informational purposes only.  For the official version of any statute, please consult the bound volumes and supplements of the New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated, published by West Publishing, a Thomson business.  These volumes can usually be found at your local library.

    Forms  Fees 
    Form TN-1  Trade Name Registration  $50 
    Form TN-5  Trade Name Addition in Partnership  $10 
    Form TN-7  Trade Name Withdrawal in Partnership  $10 
    Form TN-9  Trade Name Discontinuance  $10 

    Trade Names for Sole Proprietors Doing Business Under Their Own Name 

    Are you doing business in this state under your own name only, or with a name other than your own, or in addition to your own?

    A person conducting business under any name other than his or her own legal name must register. For example, John D. Smith doing business as "John D. Smith" does not have to register; however, if he conducts business as "John Smith Enterprises" he does have to register because "Enterprises" is not part of his legal name. See RSA 349 Trade Names and Corporation Division FAQ.

    (Note: Other state and federal laws, or agency or professional rules concerning how you list your business may apply. Please consult your legal advisor before for further information.