1. Prior to registering as a Professional Bondsman, the applicant must obtain a New Hampshire Property & Casualty Insurance Agent license. For further information contact the New Hampshire Insurance Department.
2. Review New Hampshire statutory law regarding Professional Bondsmen at RSA 598-A.
3. Review the Professional Bondsmen Application Checklist.
4. Contact the Bureau of Securities Regulation to set up date and time for Bondsman exam.
5. Exam FEE - $400 (payable to the State of New Hampshire).
6. Initial registration FEE - $100 per county in which the Bondsman will be authorized to write bail (payable to the State of New Hampshire).
7. Annual renewal registration FEE - $100 per county on or before December 31st of each year (payable to the State of New Hampshire).
8. Bail recovery activities require filing of proof of $300,000 liability insurance. RSA 597:7-b