Corporation Division


    Welcome to the Corporation Division


  • The Corporation Division is responsible for the statutory filing of business entities, trademarks and trade names and numerous miscellaneous filings.  The Division is responsible for recording all required information regarding business entities and making this information available to the public.  We strive to maintain and provide critical legal information that the business community and New Hampshire citizens rely upon, providing outstanding service in a business-friendly and effective manner. 

    New Hampshire QuickStart
    Governor Maggie Hassan and Secretary of State William Gardner announce the launch of NH QuickStart, an online platform for business registration with the Corporation Division of the Secretary of State’s Office.  Read the press release here.  Read the flyer here. 

    To begin registering your business, go to NH QuickStart.

    Receive your Annual Report Reminder Notice by email! 

    To receive your Annual Report Reminder Notice by email, click here to complete the online request form. 

    Who needs to file?  If your entity is registered as a Corporation, Limited Liability Company, Professional Corporation, Professional LLC, Limited Liability Partnership, New Hampshire Investment Trust, Consumer Cooperative, Cooperative Marketing and Rural Electrification Association, you need to file annually.  

    Note:  You will need your Business Identification Number to enroll.  If you do not have it handy, you may easily look it up by using our Business Name Lookup tool. 


    FOR YOUR INFORMATION:  A representative from the U.S. Small Business Administration will be at the Corporation Division office to offer assistance and/or direct you to the appropriate resources to help get you started in your new business.  Click here for more information.